Tuesday, September 2, 2008

This is me...........

I have been thinking about blogging for quite sometime. To introduce myself, I am a Bengali girl, my parents' loving daughter, a caring and protective sister (my brother says so), a lover- soon to be wife, an engineer by profession, a doctoral student in aerospace engineering, working in an aviation company (we build business jets), a painter, an avid reader, a movie aficionado and aspiring to be much more than what I am. I am a very opinionated person. I have opinions and stands on almost everything starting from politics, to books, to movies, to fashion, to feminism, to love, to marriage, to what it means to be a Bengali or an Indian... you have guessed it right, almost everything. So blogging was the best way of sharing my thoughts and opinions with faceless people out there with whom I may never meet but their thoughts and opinions may change the way I see and perceive things or make them even firmer. This blog is an effort of trying to find who I am. Isn't that a huge question? I believe the choices that we make are what shape us, for good or bad. We make these choices based on what we think is good for us or people whom we care for.So at the end it all comes down to our thoughts. So this blog is all about my thoughts and opinions on various issues, books, movies etc.

Now let me share my reason for my blog's name "An Argumentative Indian"which is also a name of Dr. Amartya Sen's book. These three words best express me in a nutshell and besides this the other raison d'ĂȘtre is that I have colossal respect for Dr. Sen. I hope you all enjoy reading my blog and your comments are welcome - both honest condemnation and approbation!

No comments: