Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Diamonds...................

Today afternoon while doing my regular work at my job I once again glanced at my diamond ring. It did make me smile. Like most of the girls, I also yearned of getting a solitaire diamond ring for my wedding. Vikram went a step ahead and bought me a princess cut ring, which have one big piece similar to that in solitaire in the center and three small pieces on each side of the centerpiece. I fell in love with the ring the moment I saw it. After my feminine zest was satisfied, my inquisitive facet wondered as to what it is in diamond that makes us love it and yearn for it. I am most certainly not someone who is into buying gold ornaments or buying real stones. I prefer buying matching costume jewelry with my dresses and I have a colossal collection of it. Then what is different about diamond? Is it the idea of love and romance that the diamond industry has associated with it? Most certainly, diamond is a stunning stone but there are other gorgeous stones too like Emerald, Sapphire etc. This time during our trip to Jaipur I went to the showroom where they had real Emerald, Sapphire etc stones. I liked them but did not feel that je ne sais quoi which I felt for my diamond ring. I love it;I play with my ring in sunlight and gaze at it at night. For some bizarre reason it makes me believe that perhaps I am this treasured after all for coal to become diamond it needs a very precise temperature, pressure and environmental condition and it takes lot of care and hardwork to get good cut, color and clarity. Then I laugh off this deliberation thinking I am getting too chimerical and it is just not me. Diamond industry has done a splendid job in marketing their product. Maybe it is true that this industry has really been successful in attaching the idea of being in love with owning a diamond. Even after giving it a lot of thought I could not think of any convincing reason as to why I adore diamonds, all I know is that I love diamonds! Ladies enjoy your moment and cherish your diamonds.

No comments: